The CLETOP cleaners quickly and effectively clean a variety of connectors. CLETOP cleaners are a safe cleaning option without the need for isopropyl alcohol, which is toxic and flammable. CLETOP cleaners have refillable cleaning tapes with 400 cleans per tape making them ideal for lab and field use. The simple push-button shutter operation makes cleaning connectors quick and easy.
The CLETOP–S Series is a second-generation CLETOP cleaner offering the same CLETOP cleaning performance with “drop-in” replacement tape cartridge and ergonomic design that works equally well for left or right-handed operators.
CLETOP-SB Series Cassette Cleaner
• MI8500-10-0016MZ – Specially formulated 2um white fiber weave dry cloth removes oil, grease and dust from SC, SC2, ST, DIN, D4, MU, MT, MPO/MTP and MT-RJ fiber optic connectors.
Why Clean Fiber Connectors?
• Pits and scratches are often caused by dirt and other debris
• Dust, dirt, oils, etc. are everywhere and will migrate to exposed connector end-faces
• Dirty connectors attenuate signal levels and can increase digital bit error rates
• Always clean both connectors when mating / unmating
• Cleaning saves time and money!
• Dirty connectors cause a major percentage of fiber optic network failures
• Prevention is simple – clean connectors!
• Proper cleaning saves money by eliminating service calls caused by dirty connectors
• Proper cleaning extends the life of connects and reduces replacement costs
• Clean connectors maximize the performance of the network and reduce repair cost